Recipe by Legna
I got this recipe out of the Guidepost magazine and have made them several times. You can use half the amount of the chocolate chips and sugar for the same great flavor. I substitute milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet. These are very moist and delicious.
Top Review by lauralie41
Tasty and moist cupcakes! I did use a bit less sugar and chocolate chips and the cupcakes still tasted great. Didnt have any wheat germ on hand and used two large ripe bananas. Went well with my coffee for a mid morning treat. Made for my adopted baby Legna and Pick A Chef 2012.
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sour cream and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, beating well.
- Beat in sour cream mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Don't over mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans.
- Bake 350 degrees F, for 18-25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from pan.