Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I never had flan like this--it's a cross between a light custard and a cheese cake! I make it in individual molds or in a tube pan. This recipe won't disappoint!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Into a saucepan on the stovetop, heat 1 cup of sugar over medium heat until is melts into a brown syrup.
- Remove from heat and pour syrup into the bottom of your baking mold.
- In a blender or food processor, combine milk, cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking mold.
- Place mold into a larger pan with 1" of water.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and bake 1 hour or until flan is set and golden.
- Cool slowly; invert mold onto a serving platter so the caramelized sugar will be the top of your flan.
- Chill before serving.
I am asked to make this every year for christmas. My family loves it. The only I do different is instead of the cup of sugar in the mix, i use 3/4 of a can sweetened condensed milk (you can use the whole can depending on your sweet tooth taste preference). But overall.. if you like cheesecake and flan this is a great recipe that I would recommend over and over again!!
I have this same recipe and we absolutely love it. I love to serve it in custard dishes with some berries on the side. My husband puts a dollop of whipped cream on his. It's wonderfully simple and truly decadent. We ate this for a midnight snack on the night of Christmas.
Gingerbee, thank you so much for posting this Recipe!! it was sooo yummy!! and very much like cheese cake! my family loved it! It took a little time to make but it was really quite easy!! and well worth any effort. We will be making it often :o>