Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Miss Betty attends my church and she collects cookbooks but changes them to her own liking. This is one of them. It is so delicious. This recipe serves a crowd but you can easily half the recipe if you wish.
- 1 gallon pork and beans
- 1 lb pepper bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup mesquite barbecue sauce
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- Saute onions and bacon.
- Do not cook until brown.
- Pour beans into large pot and add bacon and onions.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Bake at 250 degrees until thick probably between 4 and 5 hours.