This wonderfully varied, refreshing green salad can be strewn with whatever herbs and whatever lettuce are available.For this recipe you need Fresh Herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 heads chicory lettuce
- 1 lettuce
- 1 bunch baby leaf lettuce
- 5 sprigs parsley, as available
- 5 sprigs tarragon, as available
- 5 sprigs chervil, as available
- 5 sprigs chives, as available
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Peel the eggs and chop coarsely.
- 2Wash the chicory, dry it and break off each leaf separately.
- 3Place these all round the sides of a salad bowl.
- 4Wash and shake the lettuce and pile it up in the middle.
- 5Strew on the mustard and cress, chop the chives and break up the herbs into leaves and sprigs - sprinkle them over the greenery in the bowl.
- 6In a small bowl, combine the onion, cream, vinegar, mustard and seasoning and stir well. Pour the mixture over and around the salad just before bringing it to the table and scatter the hard boiled eggs over the top.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miss Berry's Herb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 113.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
baby leaf lettuce