Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my friends mothers recipe. Very easy to make and very tasty.
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (I use semi sweet but you can use milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped nuts (any kind) (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium low heat add chocolate chips and condensed milk. (you can also use a double boiler over high heat).
- Stir until chips are melted and condensed milk is completely blended with chocolate.
- Mixture should be creamy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Let cool 5 minutes and roll mixture into balls.
- Roll balls into chopped nuts or sprinkles.
- Let cool completely and enjoy.
- May want to keep refrigerated.
This is the candy to make if you want easy, yummy and cute! What a nice addition to a cookie tray. I will be adding this to the Xmas trays this year for sure! I made as written but found the dough hard to work with after cooling for only 5 minutes. I refrigerated for 15-20 minutes and split the dough into thirds so that I could leave some in the fridge while I made the balls and rolled them in the coatings. Made for Fall Pac 2011. Thx for sharing this recipe!