Recipe by winkki
A red, white, and blue dessert (with a title that just set half of you to humming that old Don McLean song about driving your Chevy to the levee, lol!) Great for American 4th of July, Flag Day, Memorial Day, or summer pool party. (Or change the name and use it for Britain, the Netherlands, France, Haiti....lots of red, white, & blue countries! ;o) Prep time includes two initial chilling periods, cook time includes final chill time.
- 1 10-inch baked pie shell
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the blueberry pie filling into baked crust; chill for 20 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, beat until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the blueberry pie filling; chill another 20 minutes.
- Gently spread the cherry pie filling on top of the cheese mixture.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.