- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup red lentil, soaked, cooked, drained and mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons hot green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak lentils for one hour. Cook for 1/2 hour. Drain.
- Mash and set aside.
- In dry pan over moderate low heat, stir fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the oil and stir fry for 1 minute more. Add the mashed lentils, tumeric, salt and chili. Mix well.
- Add the water and cook for 3-4 mins longer to reduce the mixture to a thick, red, well spiced puree.
- Serve warm with Injera.