Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fabulous! You've GOT to try the Miso-Sriracha Salmon, if anything. From The Sriracha Cookbook.
For the Salmon
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white miso
- 3 tablespoons sriracha asian garlic sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- nonstick cooking spray or canola oil
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 6 sliced green onions, green part only, for garnish (reserve the white parts for the slaw)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sriracha asian garlic sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Slaw
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chinese napa cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned (we grated them)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced, to taste
- 6 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the Salmon: Preheat the broiler.
- In a small nonreactive bowl, combine the sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, miso, Sriracha and garlic.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil (this will make clean-up much easier later on) and spray with cooking spray or lightly grease with oil. Place the salmon on the foil and brush some of the glaze over the salmon, enough to evenly cover the surface.
- Broil 6 inches from the flame, basting the salmon twice with more glaze. Broil until the salmon flakes easily at the center of the fillet, 9-10 minutes. Don’t be alarmed if you see some smoke. That’s what the soy sauce does when it’s caramelizing.
- Remove salmon from baking pan and transfer fillets to plates. Garnish with green onion and serve with Spicy Slaw.
- For the Slaw: First, make the dressing. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, lime juice, pineapple juice, Sriracha, garlic, fish sauce, ginger and sugar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Next, make the slaw. In a large bowl, mix together the napa and red cabbages, carrots, bell peppers, jalapeno, green onions, cilantro and mint.
- Add the dressing and toss to mix. Season with salt & pepper to taste.