Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the Fit For Life cookbook. It takes traditional miso soup and gives it some life.
- 4 cups water
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 large green chard leaves, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cob (2 cups)
- 4 ounces soft tofu or 4 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy miso
- Boil water.
- Add veggies and tofu.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove 1/4 cup water and dissolve the miso in it.
- Add miso water to soup, lower heat, and cook; stirring for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
- Stir before serving.
A delicious low fat comfort food that's extremely easy to prepare. The chard and corn give it some really nice texture. It would be really nice with some vegetable sushi, but it made a great light dinner on its own in the summer heat. Summer is the perfect time to get some beautiful red chard for it, too.