Recipe by Sandyg61
From Quick and Easy Recipes by Mark Bittman. Note: Buy traditonal, unpasturized or organic miso rather than quick-made miso. It will keep in the refrigerator for several months.
Top Review by LucyGoosey
I'm not a fan of Miso Soup to begin with BUT my husband is so I made it for him. He loved it. I thought it was okay for miso soup. Real simple and easy to make I couldn't believe it. Will definately use this receipe again in the near future. If your short on time and want a quick healthy soup this is the one for you.
- 1⁄3 cup miso (dark or other)
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup minced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Turn the heat to low, then mix about 1/2 cup of the water with the miso in a bowl or blender until smooth.
- Pour the miso mixture back into the hot water and add the tofu and carrot.
- Stir once or twice and let sit for a minute, just long enough to heat the tofu through.
- Add the scallion and serve.