Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup dried kombu (about 1 ounce)
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded peeled daikon radishes or 1 1⁄4 cups sliced radishes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, bottoms
- 2 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch) or 2 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- Combine kombu and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Discard kombu. Combine 1/4 cup reserved liquid and miso, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add daikon, carrot, and onion bottoms; cook 3 minutes.
- Add remaining reserved liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add watercress and dill; cook 1 minute. Stir in the miso mixture, and cook 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with green onion tops.