My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried kombu (about 1 ounce)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups shredded peeled daikon radishes or 1 1/4 cups sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, bottoms
- 2 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch) or 2 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- 1Combine kombu and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- 2Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Discard kombu. Combine 1/4 cup reserved liquid and miso, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add daikon, carrot, and onion bottoms; cook 3 minutes.
- 4Add remaining reserved liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Add watercress and dill; cook 1 minute. Stir in the miso mixture, and cook 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with green onion tops.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Soup With Spring Greens
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: