Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very simple to make, and really flavoursome, ideal winter breakfast or all-purpose soup. Based on a recipe from my asian cookbook, but that was too salty, so I changed it.
- 1⁄2 pint water (with or without a small amount of vegetable stock)
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 scallion
- 1 tablespoon miso (I use barley miso)
- 1 ounce firm tofu, diced
- Slice Shiitake mushrooms.
- Slice up green part of scallion, to garnish later.
- Bring water (with stock if desired) to boil.
- Stir in miso paste and mushrooms.
- Lower heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into serving dish, add tofu, sprinkle scallion on.
- Serve immediately.
I had leftover vegetable broth, so I used that for 1/3 of the water. I used firm lite silken tofu cut into small cubes. 4 stars from everyone (until DD figured out that was tofu-ha,ha)
Delicious, I make this regularly however I always add some Wakame to make it extra nutritious.
I replaced the water with some homemade dashi stock I'd just made (I put it into everything!), since akamiso needs the extra body.