Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our favorite sushi place serves this, and it took me a while to learn to make it at home. It's wonderful! You can add all sorts of things to this, and take away the tofu and bean curd, if you'd like (but it's sooo good!)
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup med firm tofu, small cubed
- 1 package instant dashi stock
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄2 small fried bean curd (these come in packages of 2 small patties, in the frozen section)
- Add soup stock to 8 cups of water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to let very gently simmer.
- In the meantime, pour boiling water from a kettle over the fried bean curd to take some of the oil off.
- Take bean curd, chop into very small pieces.
- Put white miso into seperate bowl; pour some of stock into bowl and let miso dissolve, then pour back into saucepan.
- (do not let miso boil) Add green onion, bean curd, and tofu to saucepan, then let sit a few minutes.
I made this but I used the silken tofu that I was used to. It in delicious with a few sprinkles of green onions (the green part). Thank you for making your recipe so simple and easy to fllow