Melany *'s Note:
Our favorite sushi place serves this, and it took me a while to learn to make it at home. It's wonderful! You can add all sorts of things to this, and take away the tofu and bean curd, if you'd like (but it's sooo good!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add soup stock to 8 cups of water in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, then lower heat to let very gently simmer.
- 3In the meantime, pour boiling water from a kettle over the fried bean curd to take some of the oil off.
- 4Take bean curd, chop into very small pieces.
- 5Put white miso into seperate bowl; pour some of stock into bowl and let miso dissolve, then pour back into saucepan.
- 6(do not let miso boil) Add green onion, bean curd, and tofu to saucepan, then let sit a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Soup
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 655.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant dashi stock