1/2 Photos of Miso Shiru Soup
A very traditional Japanese soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups dashi (recipe following)
- 2 tablespoons miso (red bean paste)
- 4 ounces firm tofu, cube into 1/2 ' cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 mushrooms
- 1----------Make the dashi---------.
- 2Bring water to a boil.
- 3Wash Kelp under cold water tap.
- 4Add to water when it comes to a boil.
- 5Stir and let boil 3 minutes.
- 6Remove kelp from the water and add the bonito.
- 7Allow to come to boil and remove from heat immediately.
- 8Let it settle for a few minutes.
- 9Strain off the bonito and set aside for whenever you need the dashi.
- 10---------Make the Miso Shiru-----------.
- 11Bring the dashi to a boil.
- 12Mix a little hot liquid with the bean paste, stirring until smooth.
- 13Pour mixture back into the saucepan, stir well.
- 14Add tofu and return to boil.
- 15Simmer for a few seconds only.
- 16Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onion and a slice or two of mushroom.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Shiru Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 323.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: