1/1 Photo of Miso Shiitake Breakfast Soup
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a wonderful light and filling soup. It's a great way to start the day. This is very healthy. Miso is a soy protein and shiitake is a type of mushroom. You should be able to find these in most health stores, or Asian grocers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using dried mushrooms, soak in warm water for 20 minutes then drain.
- 2Slice the mushrooms thinly.
- 3Pour the boiling water into a saucepan, stir in the miso. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Divide the tofu between 4 warmed soup bowls. Ladle in the broth. Scatter chopped scallions on top and serve.
- 5Try this with my Chanterelle Croissants (Chanterelle Croissants).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Shiitake Breakfast Soup
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: