Recipe by RubySue
A delicious vinaigrette that is great for salad dressing, marinade for meat of roasted veggies, or add to sauted mushrooms to make them richer. From Simply Ming - cooking show on public television.
- 1 cup shiro miso
- 1 cup shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup naturally brewed rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups canola oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, add the miso, shallots, togarashi, sugar, lemon juice, naturally brewed rice vinegar and sesame oil and blend together at a high speed until smooth.
- Drizzle the oil slowly into the blender to emulsify.
- Check for seasoning. Store in a covered glass jar and place in the fridge for up to two weeks.