Recipe by mama smurf
Another recipe I found in the Fish and Seafood Recipes Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but it sounded easy and yummy!
- 1 cup sake
- 1⁄4 cup white miso
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets (about 5 oz. each)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 -2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sake, miso and mirin in a large deep skillet or dutch oven. Bring to a boil over hight heat. Reduce heat to medium; add salmon. Simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes. Turn salmon over; simmer 3-4 minutes more or until salmon is opaque in center. Transfer salmon to plate and keep warm.
- Add spinach in 2 batches to liquid in skillet; cook 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach with slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Turn heat to high and bring liquid to a gentle boil. Cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Season with soy sauce. Serve salmon over spinach, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.