Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Chef Ben of Cooking with the Single Guy. Time does not include marinating.
- 16 ounces salmon fillets (1-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup miso
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- In shallow dish, combine miso, rice vinegar, sake, light brown sugar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger to create marinade. Place salmon skin up into dish and marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove salmon and shake off excess marinade. Place fish meat up on baking dish or roasting pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Toast bread crumbs in non-stick pan for about 2 minutes till golden brown and then sprinkle on top of salmon about 2 minutes before fish is done. In small saucepan, warm the leftover marinade into a condensed sauce and drizzle on or around your salmon.
This was awesome. I did a couple things differently when the fish was just about cooked i removed and topped with the panko flakes. I then placed under the grill for a couple of minutes to crisp them even better, and to give a more golden brown colour than just from the pan. I poured sauce on the plate and then topped it with the salmon. So I could enjoy the crispness of the flakes as well as the taste of the fabulous sauce. I loved all the flavours it was an absolutely gorgeous dish and it will be frequenting our table often. Thanks Amanda!!!
Delicious! I loved the ease of putting this recipe together. I also loved the results! It was moist and flavorful. Cleanup was a breeze when I lined the pan with foil. Great recipe!
Very nice recipe for salmon. The instructions were clear and easy to follow and the finished product was delicious. Thanks.