From Cooking the Japanese Way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- 2Turn heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
- 3While chicken is simmering, cook noodles in 6 cups boiling water until the soften, about 3 minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 5Divide noodles among four bowls. When chicken is cool enough to handle, use your fingers and shred into thin strips. Divide a among the bowls, on top of the noodles.
- 6In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, ginger root and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Use a slotted spoon to remove ginger.
- 8In a small bowl combine miso and a small amount of the broth. Mix well then add to the saucepan. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Pour hot broth into bowls. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Ramen
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 3012.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: