Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking the Japanese Way.
Make and share this Miso Ramen recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
- While chicken is simmering, cook noodles in 6 cups boiling water until the soften, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Divide noodles among four bowls. When chicken is cool enough to handle, use your fingers and shred into thin strips. Divide a among the bowls, on top of the noodles.
- In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, ginger root and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove ginger.
- In a small bowl combine miso and a small amount of the broth. Mix well then add to the saucepan. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour hot broth into bowls. Garnish with scallions and serve.