Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles
- 3 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms or 3 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced with white and green parts
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 -6 tablespoons dark miso
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- tamari soy sauce (optional)
- Put noodles in a bowl with water to cover, and set aside.
- Trim mushrooms, and wipe off grit with a damp cloth. Snap off stems, and chop finely. Slice caps thinly, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a soup pot. Add scallion whites, mushrooms and carrot, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mushrooms begin to soften, for about 2 minutes.
- Add 5 cups water, and bring to a boil. Add edamame, and cook for 4 minutes. Drain noodles, and add to pot with spinach and ginger.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until edamame are tender but still firm, for about 1 minute more. Stir in scallion greens.
- Blend 4 tablespoons miso into 1 cup warm water, using a fork to mix. Reduce heat to low, and stir miso into soup, adding more miso for a more intense flavor, if desired.
- Add sesame oil and tamari to taste. Serve hot.
OMG! THis is really good! So very tiny changes...used regular sessame oi, and regular spinach. I topped the soup with the scallion greens instead of mixing in. Will be making this again...and again.