Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
from fine cooking, this is really quick and simple to make. this can easily be doubled or tripled. if you don't like tofu then omit it- you can add cooked beef, chicken- use your imagination.
- combine water and mushrooms in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- remove from heat, remove mushrooms.
- cut off stems, discard, slice caps thinly.
- return to water, bring back to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes.
- add spinach and tofu, simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- remove from heat.
- in a small bowl combine miso with 2 tbsp of broth and mix well.
- stir into soup.
- sprinkle each serving with sliced scallions and 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
Very good! I used fresh shiitake mushrooms, but that's all I changed. This is light, yet flavorful. I used toasted sesame oil and a dash of chili oil for garnish. Loved it. Thanx!
This was awesome :-) First time making miso soup and hubby & I both agree, it was almost better than the one in our favorite Japanese restaurant. I made a few changes; used dry oyster mushrooms instead of shitakee, omitted the spinach, tofu & the sesame oil. It turned out beautifully. Definitely a keeper, thx for a wonderful recipe Chia.
yum! my first time using miso. i enjoyed this very much. next time i may try a different type of shroom- the shitake were pretty tough/chewy to me. other than that very good. thanks!