I pretty much came up with this one on accident. Years ago, I was looking for a new flavor and decided to make a marinade out of a few packages of instant Miso Soup (too salty compared to real Miso). It turned out pretty good…. Today I use the real thing. I make Miso from scratch and marinate the ribs for a little less than 18 hours. Every time I’ve made these ribs they have gone over big. For one you get this interesting taste of Miso plus you can still taste the Pork (unlike a lot of Rubs or over bearing Marinades). The sauce and or side dipping sauces are (should haven’t made any yet) be pretty interesting. I was thinking a Wasabi Coconut sauce would be nice with the sweet and the heat!!!. Good luck and let me know how this works for you.
- Prepare (cut) ribs as normal for your grill.
- Make marinade with or without optional ingredients.
- Place meat in Ziplock or appropriate container that will cover meat entirely (Miso settles).
- Rotate throughout process of marinating.
- Preheat smoker as usual, drain meat and bring to room temperature.
- Smoke with your favorite wood smoke (hickory is gooooddd).
- I would shorten the marinade time if using baby backs.