Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From JustBento.com This is another of my lunchtime favorites! I usually use 1 small thigh, and put it in the marinade the night before. In the morning, I quickly cook, cool, and pack in my lunch with some vegetables for a complete lunch. Note- The smaller you cut the chiken, the faster it will cook through.
- Combine miso, sake and sugar to form a paste.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, coat with marinade. I typically do this in a zip-top bag to keep my hands clean.
- Let marinate at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, and cook 4 minutes per side, or until done.
This was pretty tasty, a savory treatment of chicken. It was good with rice, needs a side-dish of veggies to balance it out. It is quite satisfying. I used mirin instead of the sake plus sugar. I really like that blog, too.