Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just delicious! Perfect for spoiling guests at an intimate dinner party. Recipe by Valli Little
- 4 salmon fillets
- 100 ml honey
- 3 tablespoons white miso, paste
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup tamari, sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 500 g buckwheat noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- Combine honey, miso paste and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together tamari, lime juice, mirin and remaining sesame oil, then set the dressing aside.
- Cook noodles according to packet directions, drain and toss with dressing.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Heat sunflower oil in an ovenproof frypan over medium heat. Add salmon and fry both sides for 1 minute or until lightly golden. Brush salmon with miso mixture, then transfer pan to oven and roast for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss shallots (spring onions), nuts and ginger through noodles, then serve with the salmon, garnished with mustard cress.