- 1⁄4 cup white miso
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced, peeled
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly spray rack in broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix miso, sugar, vinegar, ginger, and 1 tbls. of water; set aside.
- Place salmon steaks on rack in broiling pan.
- With broiling pan at closest position to source of heat, broil salmon 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from broiler and spread half of miso mixture on salmon; broil 1 minute longer.
- Remove pan from broiler; turn salmon over and top with remaining miso mixture.
- Broil salmon 3 to 4 minutes longer, until miso mixture is bubbly and salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
- Makes 4 main dish servings.