Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light (November 2002).
Top Review by D J
Excellent, I cut the brown sugar by about Â½ and added about two tablespoons of mirin. I also added about an inch of peeled and minced fresh ginger. We had two coho fillets that combined weighed Â¾ pound. I removed the skin and used the sauce as a marinade for the fillets in the refridgerator for about an hour. Broiled them in a foil lined baking dish with the marinade over the fillets........Thank you Vino Girl
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons miso (soybean paste)
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon miso mixture evenly over fish.
- Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting twice with miso mixture.
- Sprinkle with chives.