Recipe by fluffernutter
Great flavors! I like this different-tasting fish for dinner guests, because it's familiar enough but slightly exotic. Prep timer is marinating time. The original recipe called for 1 cup of miso, but that seemed like a lot, especially since it's scraped off before cooking. See what you think.
- 1⁄2-1 cup white miso (shiro)
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1⁄4 cup mirin or 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the miso, sake, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring. Cool completely.
- Spread some of the miso marinade in a glass baking dish. Add the halibut fillets, then spread with remaining marinade. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Scrape the marinade from the fish and pat dry. Brush with the oil and grill for about 8 minutes until fish flakes easily.