1/1 Photo of Miso-Glazed Cod
This is the product of a tub of white miso that had sat too long untouched and some lovely cod fillets I got on sale today. Salty and a touch sweet. Very quick and easy to prepare, but elegant enough for a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons white miso (I think red would be fine as well)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (Lite is fine)
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (1/3-1/2 lb) cod fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Preheat your broiler. Line a baking pan with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray.
- 2Combine miso, vinegar, hot water, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- 3Place cod in the baking pan and sprinkle with pepper.
- 4Spread miso mixture on the top of each cod fillet.
- 5Broil the fish 5 inches from the heat until just opaque in the center, 5-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso-Glazed Cod
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar