Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is the product of a tub of white miso that had sat too long untouched and some lovely cod fillets I got on sale today. Salty and a touch sweet. Very quick and easy to prepare, but elegant enough for a dinner party.
- 2 tablespoons white miso (I think red would be fine as well)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (Lite is fine)
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (1/3-1/2 lb) cod fish fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your broiler. Line a baking pan with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Combine miso, vinegar, hot water, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Place cod in the baking pan and sprinkle with pepper.
- Spread miso mixture on the top of each cod fillet.
- Broil the fish 5 inches from the heat until just opaque in the center, 5-8 minutes.
Oh my goodness! This was aMAZing. Will make again. Over and over. The balance of sweet/sour/spicy/salty was absolutely perfect. I used a ginger miso and red pepper flakes. Made for ZWT7.