Recipe by Rita~
Toss with cabbage, steamed veggies, any green salad, cucumber salad, chick pea salad, blanched broccoli or cauliflower.top grill salmon or tuna.........
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Oh wow! This is terrific! Seriously terrific. It's a very thick dressing, which you can thin if you want it more pourable, but I'm actually thinking of making it thicker and using it as a veggie dip or a spread on a toasted baguette. I used flax seed oil and followed the recipe exactly. My pepper flakes were a bit strong, so next time I might just leave it out. It really didn't need the kick because the base was so fabulous. This is going in my "good enough for company" cookbook for sure.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil or 1⁄4 cup neutral oil, like grapeseed
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mild miso (yellow or white) or 3 tablespoons sweet miso (yellow or white)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 inch long piece fresh ginger, cut into coins
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 green onion, rough chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except salt and pepper into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times to mince carrots. Then let machine run for a minute or so, until mixture is chunky-smooth.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lasts a few days in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.