Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Kathy Cooks" by Kathy Hoshijo. She used to have a natural cooking show on PBS in the 80's. My mom used to make this dressing when I was a kid- it is TOTALLY ADDICTIVE and will cause uncontrollable salad cravings!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 cup miso (i use brown rice miso)
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 3⁄4 inch chunk fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 peeled garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until ginger is completely minced.
- Pour over salad.
- Makes almost a pint of dressing.
- Keeps very well in the fridge.
Tasty and easy to make. Thanks for posting.
There is something about this dressing that brings out the flavor of all the vegetables, it is nutty and salty and sweet and garlicky, with veggie flavors shining through! You just can't get enough salad! Imagine that.