This is one of my favorite new things to make. It is amazingly easy to put together, the chicken cooks quickly, and the resulting sandwich is fabulous! It's faster than take-out. When I first made these, I thought the chicken tasted a bit salty on it's own. But once it's all together in the sandwich, the flavors blend perfectly, and it wasn't salty at all. I did use low sodium soy sauce, by the way. It's one of those things that make you want to go back for more, even though you're already full, lol. From the Food Network Kitchens Cookbook...they use multigrain sandwich bread, we used nice crusty rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light colored miso
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium can be used)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded very thin (1 lb total)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (we add extra)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1For the chicken: Heat the broiler and line a broiler pan with foil, or you can grill the chicken.
- 2Stir the miso, soy sauce, and ginger together and brush both sides of the chicken with the mixture.
- 3Broil on the foil lined pan, 6 inches from the heat, or grill, turning once about 2 minutes per side until cooked through, set aside.
- 4For the mayonnaise: Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, chili or hot sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl, set aside.
- 5Assemble the sandwiches: Slice the chicken in pieces.
- 6Cut the rolls open and spread the mayonnaise on the 2 halves of each, layer the chicken, avocado and cucumber slices, and sprouts on each roll.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Chicken Sandwiches with Ginger Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.0
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 2298.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce