- 1 lb firm tofu, pressed
- 1⁄3 cup miso
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to broil or highest setting. Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Combine all ingredients except tofu and oil using blender or mixer. Slowly add oil and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into wide bowl or pan.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch thick pieces and dip into miso mixture until coated with a thin layer, reserving some of the mixture.
- Gently lay tofu pieces on covered cookie sheet. Broil 8-10 minutes until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven. Turn the pieces over and "baste" another layer of miso mixture over the pieces with a spoon.
- Broil 8-10 more minutes until browned and crisp.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and enjoy!