Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mirliton Squash, also known as Chayote Squash, in a cream base with shrimp, yummy!
Make and share this Mirliton Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 chopped onions
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 1⁄4 lbs mirlitons (can use more, but no less)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- Boil mirlitons until very tender, cool, peel, remove seed, and puree.
- Make a roux with margarine and flour, add onions and garlic. Add broth slowly and stir until smooth.
- Add other seasonings, salt to taste, and cook over medium heat, stirring.
- Add mirliton and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are tender.
- Add cream, and serve.