Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite, we eat it almost every week, but it's especially good on Passover.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the potatoes and onion, either by hand or by food processor.
- (If grating by hand, pick out grated fingernails from potatoes;-).
- Add eggs and oil, mix well.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well-greased Pyrex dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F and bake for 1 hour.
Made this for the first night of Passover for a HUGE group, naively hoping to have some left over for the coming week, it was simply devoured. It was extremely easy to make and delicious, I used white potatoes, well scrubbed, and grated them with the skins on as Mirj suggested. BIG HIT and definitely a keeper.
I can see why you would have this often! It is so simple to make and very tasty. I will certainly make this again and will try it with some cheddar on top too. I made it as a side dish for brunch. It disappeared in a hurry. Kugels are fairly new to me so I am happy I started out with the expert Thanks Mirjam
This was so good .. I spent a lot of time grating by hand though ... I didnt add enough paprika and salt, but it was still good .. thanks :)