Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just made this one up a few days ago, and it was a hit. Not exactly rocket science, but tastes delicious.
- 1 large chicken, cleaned (we also skin ours)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fig jam (you know what, just toss in the whole jar)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean (and skin, if preferable) the chicken.
- Place it in the oven bag.
- Add the fig jam.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Tie a knot in the bag.
- Moosh the jam around until the chicken is completely coated.
- Place in a roasting dish.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour, turning the bag over halfway through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for about ten minutes.
- Cut open the bag, remove the chicken and cut into serving pieces.
- Top with the juices in the bag.
I made this for a family dinner. I added some red wine to the juices to make a really yummy gravy!
I've made this lovely dish twice already --- yummy both times! The first was an adventure: I'm not used to working with oven roasting bags and the bags only expand so far, if you get my drift, ;). The next time I made this was uneventful and enthusiastically received by DH and all! It's my new secret weapon to the "What am I going to fix for dinner tonight?" blues.