I found the original recipe for low carb chicken breasts on the net, but some of the ingredients were out of the question for me (pork rinds) or there were ingredients I will not combine (chicken and Parmesan cheese, for instance). Feeling in a rebellious anti-lowcarb mood, I adapted the whole recipe to something that my kids would adore, and would help me indulge in an occasional guilt-trip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts into two inch cubes.
- 2Mix the egg with the paprika in one bowl.
- 3Mix the corn chip crumbs with the parsley in another bowl.
- 4Dip the chicken cubes first into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture, coating well.
- 5Either shallow fry for about 7 minutes, turning once, until done, or place on a baking sheet, spray with oil and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mirj's Not Low Carb Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 109.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: