Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found the original recipe for low carb chicken breasts on the net, but some of the ingredients were out of the question for me (pork rinds) or there were ingredients I will not combine (chicken and Parmesan cheese, for instance). Feeling in a rebellious anti-lowcarb mood, I adapted the whole recipe to something that my kids would adore, and would help me indulge in an occasional guilt-trip.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup of ground corn chips
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- oil, for frying or cooking spray
- Cut the chicken breasts into two inch cubes.
- Mix the egg with the paprika in one bowl.
- Mix the corn chip crumbs with the parsley in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken cubes first into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture, coating well.
- Either shallow fry for about 7 minutes, turning once, until done, or place on a baking sheet, spray with oil and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes.
These were great! The first comment from DBF: "These taste like Fritos". I'm not sure when that became a bad thing! We really liked these and they will probably be made at some point in the future. These would seem to definitely be a kid pleaser. One note on the chips: When it says ground, it means ground. Like plastic bag and rolling pin ground. Otherwise the chunks will not coat the chicken evenly. I left some of them with big chunks of chip, and it tasted fine, but the chip taste would likely be more pronounced if the chicken had been evenly covered.