Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made up this recipe to incorporate two of my favorite cuisines.
- While the salmon is still partially frozen, cut into serving pieces.
- I usually serve this as an appetizer so the pieces are smallish squares.
- Place the salmon in a large pot and cover with water.
- Throw in the handfuls of paprika and lemon grass.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Bring the whole thing to a rolling boil and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Don't treat the fish delicately, it can take it, don't worry.
- Turn off the heat, let sit for about 10 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Chill for at least two hours and serve.
- Note: You can substitute a whole[b]washed[/b] lemon, cut into slices, if you don't have lemon grass at hand.
Quick, easy, and tasty! I made this for my New Years Eve party, but substituted a whole lemon cut in circles instead of lemongrass, and also added some fresh dill. I never thought treating the fish so harshly will still yield a moist fish - but it did! I served it with my own sauce and it was a huge hit! Thanks, Mirj!
This was quick and simple and very tasty. You would never believe it required so few ingredients. Thanks for sharing!