Recipe by Mirj
This is my foolproof way of getting perfect "every grain separate" rice, every time!
Top Review by Derf
Well for the second time around, don't know what happened to the first review, but I do know , this recipe does exactly as it says it does!! It is perfect rice, every time. I have used it 3 or 4 times already, it is beautiful, each piece separate rice. Added veggies the first time and came out with a lovely rice pilaf, and made it into a very nice salad and used it to stuff tomatoes. Just an all round useful, quick recipe to have around. Thanks for sharing Mirj, am using it often!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice in a micro-safe bowl.
- Add water.
- Swirl for 2 seconds.
- Add salt.
- Swirl again.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap or a loose plastic cover.
- Nuke on high for 12 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Dump rice into a strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Place in micro-safe serving dish (or back in the rinsed out bowl), add seasonings to taste (onion soup mix, salt and pepper, hot chilles, whatever you like in your rice) and heat on medium for 5 minutes until it reaches desired serving temperature.
- If the rice is going to be part of a salad, you can use it straight away.
- This makes perfect,"every grain separate" rice, every time!