Recipe by Mirj
This is my version of (fake) crab salad. It's evolved over the years, and changes every time, but this is the basic recipe. I'm always asked to make it for parties.
Top Review by Caryn Gale
I really liked this salad as well as my guests. It was easy to make and since I keep kosher, the fake crab was perfect! I served it as an appetizer and it was nice. I also recently ate it at a friend's surprise party and it was a real crowd pleaser, nice for a buffet, and the only dish that was scraped to the bottom of the bowl!
- 300 g imitation crabmeat (I use Alaska pollack)
- 1 bunch scallion, green part only
- 250 g pasta, dry weight,then cooked
- 250 g your favorite chunky salsa (I use something called matboucha)
- 1 (560 g) can chickpeas
- salt and pepper (I only use pepper)