Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of (fake) crab salad. It's evolved over the years, and changes every time, but this is the basic recipe. I'm always asked to make it for parties.
- 300 g imitation crabmeat (I use Alaska pollack)
- 1 bunch scallion, green part only
- 250 g pasta, dry weight,then cooked
- 250 g your favorite chunky salsa (I use something called matboucha)
- 1 (560 g) can chickpeas
- salt and pepper (I only use pepper)
- Cut up the faux crab into salad size pieces.
- Shred the scallions and add to the fish.
- Add the cooked pasta, salsa, chickpeas and salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Serve in a pretty glass bowl to show off the colors.
I really liked this salad as well as my guests. It was easy to make and since I keep kosher, the fake crab was perfect! I served it as an appetizer and it was nice. I also recently ate it at a friend's surprise party and it was a real crowd pleaser, nice for a buffet, and the only dish that was scraped to the bottom of the bowl!
I found this quick, filling and really tasty. I used whole wheat pasta and spicy matboucha. I ditched the chickpeas and ended up with an empty bowl. As usual with Mirj's recipes, this one's a keeper!
Just made this for a Thanksgiving work buffet tomorrow. Not very Thanksgiving-y, but it is very quick to do, easy, and inexpensive. I like the spiciness of it, and the fact that it is healthy and not dangerous if it sits out.