1 hr 10 mins
Karen and I went to high school together. Then we lost touch, only to get reconnected when I got remarried to one of her friends. Now we're back to hanging out, this time without cutting class or cutting up the class. We have daughters the same age and we leave that to them now. When Karen invites us over for a meal she usually tells me to bring dessert. I know her girls are fans of the peanut butter bars I usually make, so I came up with a fancier version for dessert. I'm actually very pleased with myself on this one, it was delicious inspiration! My original recipe was dairy-free, but I'm posting the full-flavored dairy version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the profiteroles
For the filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
For the chocolate topping
- 1To make the profiteroles:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Line a flat baking pan with parchment paper.
- 4Place the water and the butter in a small saucepan and bring to boil, making sure that the butter is melted.
- 5Add the flour all at once, stirring constantly until a ball is formed.
- 6Take the pan off the flame and transfer the dough to your mixing bowl.
- 7Start the beaters going at slow speed, and just beat the dough for 30 seconds or so to cool it down.
- 8Add the eggs one by one, making sure each one is incorporated before adding the next.
- 9Transfer this goopey dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large fluted tip and pipe your profiteroles. Alternatively, you can just drop the dough on to the paper with a spoon.
- 10Bake for approximately 40 minutes until done.
- 11Remove from the oven and cool.
- 12To make the chocolate peanut butter cream:.
- 13Whip the cream until slightly stiff.
- 14Add the instant chocolate pudding and keep beating.
- 15Add the creamy peanut butter and continue beating until stiff and everything is incorporated.
- 16Fill the profiteroles with the cream. You can either do this with your piping bag, or slice each profiterole in half and fill using a teaspoon or small knife.
- 17Break the dark chocolate into small pieces, and place, together with the water, in a microsafe bowl.
- 18Heat on high for 3 minutes, remove and stir until all melty and chocolaty.
- 19Drizzle over the profiteroles.
- 20Chill these babies in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 21Stand back and accept your compliments gracefully.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mirj's Chocolate Peanut Butter Profiteroles Especially for Karen
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g