Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Karen and I went to high school together. Then we lost touch, only to get reconnected when I got remarried to one of her friends. Now we're back to hanging out, this time without cutting class or cutting up the class. We have daughters the same age and we leave that to them now. When Karen invites us over for a meal she usually tells me to bring dessert. I know her girls are fans of the peanut butter bars I usually make, so I came up with a fancier version for dessert. I'm actually very pleased with myself on this one, it was delicious inspiration! My original recipe was dairy-free, but I'm posting the full-flavored dairy version.
- To make the profiteroles:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a flat baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the water and the butter in a small saucepan and bring to boil, making sure that the butter is melted.
- Add the flour all at once, stirring constantly until a ball is formed.
- Take the pan off the flame and transfer the dough to your mixing bowl.
- Start the beaters going at slow speed, and just beat the dough for 30 seconds or so to cool it down.
- Add the eggs one by one, making sure each one is incorporated before adding the next.
- Transfer this goopey dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large fluted tip and pipe your profiteroles. Alternatively, you can just drop the dough on to the paper with a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- To make the chocolate peanut butter cream:.
- Whip the cream until slightly stiff.
- Add the instant chocolate pudding and keep beating.
- Add the creamy peanut butter and continue beating until stiff and everything is incorporated.
- Fill the profiteroles with the cream. You can either do this with your piping bag, or slice each profiterole in half and fill using a teaspoon or small knife.
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces, and place, together with the water, in a microsafe bowl.
- Heat on high for 3 minutes, remove and stir until all melty and chocolaty.
- Drizzle over the profiteroles.
- Chill these babies in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Stand back and accept your compliments gracefully.