Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A dear friend showed me this sauce and it has become my favourite! I use it for everything. One of my favourite dishes is Quorn and baby soy beans dry fried until they begin to look chargrilled then tossed in this sauce and serve with rice. I have given measurements for 1 serving as it's how I make it the most.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined, make sure no lumps of cornflour remain.
- Heat an empty pan on the stove and add the sauce. Heat until it bubbles (happens quickly) and stir until thickened, it should have the consistency of oil (I have never heated it longer so I don't know if it would thicken more).
- Serve the sauce hot, pour over cooked meat and veg, stir trough cooked rice, dip sushi in (or fingers) or add to cooked tofu/quorn.