Recipe by Marney
Miriam was a wonderful little old lady that lived down the street when I was growing up. I have fond memories of going over to help her out with stuff around the house and her letting me pick pomegranets from her tree in the backyard. She would also let me help her out in the kitchen with baking or whatever. I love this recipe, very moist and banana-y.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Add gradually to the butter mixture alternating with the mashed banana. Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a rack.