Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Miranda's Milky Way Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (2 1/4-2 7/8 ounce) Milky Way bars
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Milky Way Icing
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Melt candy bars with 1 stick butter in a saucepan; set aside.
- Cream sugar and remaining stick of butter in large bowl of electric mixer; beat in eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and baking soda.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture.
- Stir in melted candy mixture, then pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake at 325°F for 1 hr and 10 minutes, or until tests done.
- Remove cake from pan and place on a wire rack over a drip pan to cool-- Pour warm icing over warm cake.
- Combine sugar and milk in a sauce pan over med.
- Cook to the soft ball stage (234 to 238°F on a candy thermometer) Add chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and butter and stir until melted.
- Pour over warm cake.
This was the first made from scratch cake I've ever made. Turned out great except I burned the icing-- good thing I had plenty of canned icing on hand.