Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from a miracle whip label. I have not made it in a long time, but I remember that it was easy and yummy. I use the thigh/leg portions when I make this.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (reg or light)
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up (or other chicken pieces)
- paprika (optional)
- MIX miracle whip, cheese, oregano, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture over chicken in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place baking dish on oven rack in second from bottom position.
- BAKE at 350 for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
This recipe is delicious. It is the recipe that used to be on the Miracle Whip label, I believe. It is simple to make and the chicken comes out tender and juicy. I would not recommend substituting fat free miracle whip as it comes out drier and not as tasty. (I had purchased the fat free inadvertently and couldn't understand what went wrong.) I have always used boneless skinless chicken breasts. Our family never liked Miracle Whip but we love this recipe.
This was good but we felt like it needed something else, just not sure what. All I could taste was the miracle whip and it was just too sweet for our taste. Maybe a different kind of cheese would work for us such as a sharp cheddar. Not sure. I used boneless chicken breasts halves since that was what I had. Thanks for sharing.
Have been making this for sooo long it's a hit with everyone young and old.