1/2 Photos of Miracle Whip from Mayonnaise
Jean #7's Note:
I usually use mayonnaise but I have a few recipes that require the extra kick of Miracle Whip. Since I always have mayonnaise on hand, this recipe allows me to make only the required amount of Miracle Whip. I started with the Miracle Whip recipe from Top Secret Recipes. Miracle Whip is more tart than Mayonnaise but adding a vinegar mixture makes the resulting dressing too thin. This recipe solves that problem. I used Hellman's Mayonnaise and I have also made the diet version with Hellman's 1/2 Fat Mayonnaise.(Serving size: 1 tbsp)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the additive
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar (OR Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (must be fresh)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (must be fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
To make the Miracle Whip add
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (OR see NOTE)
- 1Measure vinegar into small non-reactive saucepan. (e.g. Stainless steel or teflon coated).
- 2Add cornstarch and let soften for a minute or so. Stir with non-metal spoon or whisk to remove any lumps.
- 3Add sugar, paprika, garlic and mustard powders.
- 4Heat on medium high, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a full rolling boil.
- 5Remove from heat, stirring well. The mixture will be the consistency of thin pudding. It will thicken as it cools.
- 6Add to mayonnaise and stir well to combine. Chill for use in a cold salad or use as is in a recipe.
- 7NOTE: To make smaller amounts of Miracle Whip, mix at the ratio 1/2 tsp of additive to 1 tbsp of mayonnaise. Store unused portion of additive tightly covered in the fridge.
- 8If storing additive, discard any film that develops on top as this will never mix properly into the mayonnaise.
- 9Replace sugar with Splenda and/or use Lite Mayonnaise for a diet or diabetic version.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miracle Whip from Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g