Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different way to make stroganoff. The tomatoes add a really good taste.
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip light, dressing
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk (I use whatever I have)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered (or use 1 can drained)
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (optional)
- Mix salad dressing and flour; gently whisk in milk until smooth.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick.
- Set aside.
- Brown beef.
- Drain and rinse under hot water to get rid of extra fat.
- Cook onions and mushrooms until onion is soft.
- Drain and add back to pan along with beef.
- Add sauce, basil, oregano, parsley, red wine, worcestershire sauce, and tomatoes.
- Heat to blend flavors.
- Serve over rice or noodles.