Recipe by ann hugo
The best ever pound cake. I have baked it for 11 years. A great holiday desert--or any time. Serve hot or cold.. Serve with fresh strawberries or lemon pudding. A great cake to decorate. Family favorite--make it at least once a week.
- 1 -2 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (large or medium or small)
- 3 cups Soft Silk flour or 3 cups Swans Down cake flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (or of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- First with mixer cream until fluffy butter, Crisco, sugar, eggs.
- Now with wooden spoon add flour and milk to mixture mixing a little at a time alternating until mixture is smooth add vanilla.
- Lightly spray a tube pan or an angel food cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Shake pan to smooth batter even.
- Place in a cold oven.
- Set temperature at 300°F degrees.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Insert toothpick--when inserted comes out dry cake is done check at 1 1/2 hours.