Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tiny little appetizer meat balls made with beef, ham, almonds and sherry, among other things. If you prefer, use them in another recipe. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 slice day-old bread, crust removed
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons light cream
- 1 lb lean beef sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb smoked ham
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted almond
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place bread in a small bowl and pour wine and cream over the bread and crumble it as the liquid is absorbed; pulse the beef, ham, almonds and parsley in a food processor; remove to a bowl.
- Add the cheese, salt, pepper and oregano to the meat; beat eggs and pour over all; mix all lightly with 2 forks until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate covered for 1/2 hour; form tiny meat balls; heat butter and oil in a skillet and brown meatballs slowly on all sides; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot as hors d'oeuvres or use in another recipe.