Prep 336 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is for external use ONLY. DO NOT use it internally. DO NOT use on broken skin. The computer wouldn't accept arnica flowers, but that's what it is.
- 1⁄2 cup arnica dried fresh edible flower, whole
- 1⁄2 cup st. john's wort flowers, cut
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, powder
- 16 ounces wintergreen rubbing alcohol
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Simply combine the herbs with 16 oz. of wintergreen rubbing alcohol (available in most pharmacies). Store the mixture in a dark, dry and cool place for 2 weeks (shaking daily). After the 2 weeks, strain, and discard the herbs. Add 1/4 -1/2 cup of olive oil, then bottle and label. Shake the mixture before each use.
- JOINT PAIN:.
- People have used this variation to deal with their rheumatism, tendonitis, arthritis, etc. Simply follow the same directions listed above, but do not add the oil. For temporary relief of any joint pain, apply the herbal rubbing alcohol all over the affected area. In just minutes, you’ll start to feel the pain disappear.
- Bruises or Muscle Injury.
- Another variation of this remedy is used to dissolve bruises and alleviate muscle pains (inflammation) resulting from heavy physical training or an injury such as a torn or pulled muscle. It requires no rubbing alcohol and can be prepared in a matter of hours rather than a few weeks. In a saucepan, heat (slow simmer) equal parts of the premixed herbs with olive oil or lard for several hours or longer. Allow to cool, then strain, and bottle the oil for use as needed. Many athletes prefer this variation after training or a workout.